What are we doing?
Due to to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we are following all guidance currently set out by the government in order to reopen to the public. Below is an outline of the measures we have taken to ensure we are keeping our staff and our visitors safe from COVID-19.
- We have carried out a COVID-19 Risk Assessment for Sutton Life Centre in line with government guidance, to ensure we are COVID-19 secure.
- We are following Track and Trace guidance, and keeping records of visitors for 21 days. Customers may opt to check in using the NHS COVID-19 App, by using the QR code displayed on posters at our entry points around the building, as well as in our changing rooms.
- Cleaning is being carried out daily within the building, including the changing rooms, with particular attention being paid to high-traffic surfaces such as buttons, handrails and door handles.
- Staff and customers are required to wear face coverings in all public areas of the building and are washing their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Staff and customers are expected to maintain social distancing of 2 metres at all times around the building.
- We have a customer use policy in place for the 3G Sports Pitch, in line with our risk assessment and in line with FA and government guidance.
- We are only able to hire out to qualified coaches or trainers, football clubs, sports clubs, charities or organisations at present.
- All customers will need to provide a copy of their COVID-19 risk assessment prior to using our facilities.
What do we need from you?
In order to accept any bookings, we will need the following from you:
- A completed booking form returned to us. Please note we are only able to accept block bookings at present.
- A copy of your COVID-19 risk assessment showing what measures you will put in place to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19. Risk assessments should be completed in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- A copy of your public liability insurance certificate showing your insurer, limit of indemnity and expiry date. You should be covered for at least £2 million.
Please also ensure that your risk assessment is in line with current government guidance and our COVID-19 Pitch Use policy below. You can find out more information from the Government website here: Return to recreational team sport framework.
What restrictions do we have in place for customers?
In order to ensure the use of our 3G Sports Pitch is COVID-19 secure, we have put in place restrictions on use for customers, in line with government guidance, and from the FA guidance as the National Governing Body (NGB). You can find out more information by visiting the FA website.
All customers must adhere to the following COVID-19 Pitch Use policy, and this should be reflected in your risk assessment.
- No more than 20 people are permitted on the sports pitch at any time – this includes coaches, trainers and participants.
- Social distancing of 2 metres must be followed outside of match play, i.e. before, after and during any breaks in play.
- Hand sanitiser must be provided at the entry and exit points, and should be used by customers when arriving and leaving.
- Entry and exit to the sports pitch will be provided via the side gate with direct access on to Alcorn Close to avoid any unnecessary congestion within the building.
- Customers are required to bring their own equipment (balls, bibs, etc). We will provide the pitch and the goals only.
- Spectators are not permitted within the pitch or the grounds of Sutton Life Centre.
- Changing and shower facilities are currently not available. Players should arrive kitted up and ready to play.
- Spitting is not permitted on the sports pitch.
- Shouting is to be avoided to reduce the risk of water droplet transmission.
- Physical contact such as handshakes, hugs and high fives are not permitted. Group goal celebrations should be avoided.
- Toilets are available for use if absolutely necessary. Due to the confined space, these are available on a strict one-in, one-out basis, and there are signs to this effect. Hand sanitiser will be provided at the entrance to the toilets, and should be used when entering and leaving the toilet.
- Customers should ensure that they have a suitable level of first aid provision for their activities.
- Youth football coaches should limit persistent close proximity between players. Players should be discouraged from touching or tackling against the sides of the pitch.
- Any customers or participants showing symptoms of COVID-19 (persistent cough, high temperature, change to their sense of taste or smell) must not be allowed to play on the pitch.
- All customers must keep details of people attending their sessions in line with Test, Track and Trace.
- All customers must provide a written COVID-19 risk assessment in advance of their first booking.
- Customers accept that these restrictions are subject to change at short notice in line with government guidance.