Volunteer Support at Sutton Life Centre
At Sutton Life Centre we have developed a comprehensive system for recruiting, inducting and supporting our volunteers, which has led to our award of the London-wide Experts in Volunteering Management Charter.
As a result, all of our volunteers can expect the following:
- A friendly but structured initial interview to ensure we match your interest and needs to available volunteer vacancies.
- A full induction process to equip volunteers for their future role and tasks.
- Ongoing support both on a daily basis and at regular intervals to monitor progress, and identify future interests and needs as they develop.
- Reasonable expenses cover.
- A genuine encouragement to volunteers to offer their ideas and suggestions about any aspects of the running of the centre.
- Participation in volunteer workshops and get-togethers that we hold from time to time.
- A certificate of achievement for all volunteers completing 50 hours of satisfactory volunteer with us and provision of references for job applications where appropriate.
- A clear policy and procedures for resolving any complaints by or about volunteers.